Why You Should Support Israel
“Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I will lift My hand in an oath to the nations, and set up My standard for the peoples; they shall bring your sons in their arms, and your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders;” (Isaiah 49:22, NKJV)
A few NowThink On This messages ago I wrote, “Why I Go So Often To Israel”. While many read it, I am sure some considered it “not for them” and skipped it, as other things occupy their time, money and daily thoughts. As, “Good for him, but that isn’t for me” type of thinking.
Were you one of them?
I believe this message is for you, then, if you answered yes to the afore asked question. And for those who did read it, and thought, “Yes, I understand, but not my thing either”, then I hope you consider the following.
With that said, I am primarily focusing this message to Americans, but I am sure there are a few “non-Americans” who might consider what I have to say also. For you see, it just might change your life. Seriously, it just might.
While many know the biblical reasons Christians, such as us, should support Israel and the Jews, more than likely there are many more who think not or couldn’t care less. But here are the biblical reasons why we should anyway, and then more reasons why you should also consider support.
While I won’t list all the Bible verses written to clearly show this, they are there for you to read and acknowledge.
- God had the Bible recorded/written by Jews. And several of those Jews became believers in Yeshua (Jesus). Basically, this is what we now know or call the New Testament.
- The hundreds of prophetic verses foretold by Jewish prophets, such as Isaiah, Zechariah, Ezekiel, Micah, and King David, have already been fulfilled concerning the Messiah, Jesus, when He came the first time. No one before or since has done that. You can’t make this up and still hold these truths up through the centuries that have followed, without them being accurate.
- Yeshua, having become a man, walked the earth for 33 years. What He spoke has come true, as proof for who He said He was – God in the flesh. Said it. Did it. Believe it.
- The land of Israel was promised to Abraham and his descendants after him, through the bloodline of Isaac and Jacob. The God who made the covenant is also the God who created everything. He does what He wills and purposes to do, with or without our consent. That is why He is God and we are not.
- Jesus Himself said that in the last days more prophesies would be fulfilled concerning Himself and Israel, revealing the time of His soon return. He also declared that specific ones would take place in that Land, and more importantly, in Jerusalem. They are now happening today, in increasing measure.
Now for the other reasons, which are many, and not all-inclusive here.
- Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. If only for that fact, Americans should support them, as they “are on our side” when it comes to politics and war.
- Israel is fulfilling the written word that it would be a “light to the nations.” (Isa 42:6)
High-tech and other inventive companies have placed their footprint among the cities there. The results are currently being used around the world with modern conveniences, including here in the USA abundantly.
- Several Middle Eastern nations repeatedly threaten to destroy Israel. If they ever were to succeed (which they won’t), they would next seek to destroy America. “The little satan and the big satan” as they call us both. Their hatred for us will never cease.
- Many Americans have moved to Israel (making “aliyah”), and they still hold American passports, which they are entitled too. Knowing many myself who have now done so, and many who are yet to move, I support them.
- For possibly selfish reasons, and yet not so, the Bible says that if we, Americans (and all others have this choice), bless Israel and the Jews, then we will be blessed. (Genesis 12:3) I personally like being blessed.
- Those who curse and hate Israel will be cursed and destroyed. I’d prefer not to be among that group. History also proves this fact.
Genesis 12:1-3 reads, “Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go forth from your country, and from your relatives and from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you; and I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great; and so you shall be a blessing; and I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.” (NASU)
With all the other reasons listed above, here is another primary list of those who also give us many reasons as to why you too should support Israel.
Having said this, the ministry Love For His People, founded in April 2010, supports several families, friends, and respected news agencies in the Land of Israel. Here is part of our monthly gift-giving list. I encourage you to check them out and do so accordingly. Or with this online link send to us and we will pass it on.
- His Lighthouse, Inc. – Nissim and Hadassah Lerner in Jerusalem
- Aliyah Return Center – Chaim Malespin in Tiberias
- Richard and Carolyn Hyde – Heart of G-D near Tiberias
- Christian Friends of Israel – Jim and Linda McKenzie in Jerusalem
- Israel Today – Aviel Schneider and team in Jerusalem
- Israel365/Breaking Israel News – Rabbi Tuly Weisz and team in Bet Shemesh
- Rabbi Kokeb & Menalu Gedamu – Congregation Amud HaEsh in Jerusalem
- CBN News/Jerusalem Dateline – Chris Mitchell, Julie Stahl and staff
Having been blessed by Israel and the Jews, we are now delighted and honored to do the same. I hope you will join us in this God-given command, to bless Israel and the Jews.
Ahava & Shalom,
Founder/President of Love For His People ministry
If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
Please donate online safely through our website. Click here: DONATE
(or use the DONATE buttons on the blog.)
Contribution checks can be sent to:
Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134
Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.)
Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and LinkedIn. Others will be thankful you did.
Now Think On This #425 – in the year of our Lord 05.29.19 – “Why You Should Support Israel” – Wednesday, 4:30 pm