Our Board members: Geoff Graham, Sandra McCain, Edgar & Indira Persad, Tom & Teri Fahey, Andrew & Christen Blade, David & Luana Peterman, Josh Martin, Ben Martin
The following is a review of the year 2019 with Love For His People ministry, located in the Charlotte, NC area. Through the direction, provision, and grace of our Lord Jesus, I share this report with you and contributors to the ministry.
Established in April 2010, we will now have completed our first 10 years as of April 2020.
Overall, the ministry increased substantially in support for outreach, impact, and social media. The income of the ministry increased over $43,000 in contributions over 2018’s amount, a 225% increase. (See reports below)
Our support for families and organizations in Israel also grew by 224%. Overall direct support for the nations doubled from the previous year’s total. (Full report below.)
Through the accounting contract services provided by the Lord (i.e. Paul making tallits -“tents”), I was able to bring in $15,900 paid directly to the ministry. My retirement funds and accounting work on staff at Antioch International Church provide for the primary expenses of our personal household, along with Laurie’s work.
In 2019 six books were published, along with a new website and the first new app created and released. We still have our blogger page but do encourage people to our new website.
Two trips to Israel were made in May and October, bringing encouragement to our friends and ministries we support, plus initiating the first annual Ahava Adventure to Israel for men. We already have five booked for this October 2020, which is a good number to have for what we are going to do.
We are very much excited about our new website at www.LoveForHisPeople.com and the first app available for free for all iPhones and Androids. We hope you download those from the Apple Store and Google Paly, or the links can be found on the ministry website.
Our regular bi-monthly Constant Contact email recipients are growing in numbers, as I give updates and links to my Now Think On This messages. Those messages now number over 473 as of this report and are on our websites accessible free of charge to all.
Our involvement with aliyah (immigration to Israel) is growing, as we continue to connect further with our Messianic Jewish contacts in Israel and local churches and ministries who are also supporting Israel.
We increased our involvement with Strength For Israel, led by David and Luana Peterman, with the first Friday of the month Shabbat meetings held at Antioch International Church in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Both Laurie and I are blessed to assist in leading the worship team, where we are also members and I am on staff.
We give thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has called, established, and continues to bring increase for the work He has placed in our hearts and our hands.
Thank you for being with us, with your friendship, encouragement, and ongoing support.
Ahava and shalom,
Steve & Laurie Martin, Co-Founders
Ministry Work – Supporting Families/Ministries in the Nations
- Nissim & Hadassah Lerner Jerusalem area – Aliyah ministry
- Rabbi Kokeb & Menalu Gedamu, Ethiopian Messianic Jewish Congregation Jerusalem – support for orphans, widows, more
- Richard & Carolyn Hyde Tiberias area – Aliyah, outreach
- Ahava H. Tiberias area – Aliyah ministry
- Rabbi Tuly Weiz, Breaking Israel News, Bet Shemesh – news & humanitarian assistance
- United For Israel Jerusalem Messianic Jews college
- Aliyah Return Center – Tiberias area – aliyah housing and more
- Zack T. – website and app development and maintenance
- CBN News Jerusalem Jerusalem News coverage in Israel
India Pastor John Ebenezer, Muerchela LFHP processes USA contributions
Pakistan Moses Julius, Shalom Today Ministry Teaching on Israel, Hebrew lessons and instruction
Nigeria Pastor Abel Oyewale – operating supplies, funds for Bibles
- Christians For Messiah Ministries, Peter & Joy Wyns
- Morningstar Ministries, Rick Joyner
- Morningside Ministries, Jim & Lori Bakker
Books Written/Published in 2019
– Steve Martin (Books #21-26)
Outreach, Social Media
The year of 2019 saw a new website, the ministry’s first app, and increases in numbers for all our platforms.
- New website www.loveforhispeople.com Released Sept. 2019 $2,500 cost
- First app for iPhones and Androids – www.loveforhispeople.com $2,300 cost
- Facebook – Love For His People page (876 followers), Steve Martin (4,985) Now Think On This page (185 followers)
- YouTube, Love For His People – 3,390 videos (1,451 subscribers)
- “Walk With Me” series – over 120 new recorded videos this year (Israel, USA locations)
- Blog – www.loveforhispeople.blogspot.com since 2010. Now with 16,578 posts with 2,875,592 views.
- Twitter – @martinlighthous 617 followers, 65,800 tweets since 2009
- LinkedIn – 5,216 followers/connections
- USA.Life (began 2019, 169 friends)
- 2019 Revenue & Expenses (P&L), Balance Sheet – see below
- Monthly supporters – not much change from 2018 in names or numbers
- India – almost 50% of contributions of the entire income. Two checks totaling $30,000 were received on Dec. 31, 2019 for children’s school
- Israel – An Ahava Adventure donor is sponsoring Terrence McDow from Charleston, SC for Oct. 2020.
- India Feb. 10-22, 2020 Teach 90 pastors in 2 conference on Israel (10 messages), lead worship
- Gathering Together Event April 3-4, 2020 12 speakers, 2 days – unity in the local area with churches and ministries – full information available, along with registration: https://loveforhispeople.com/events/2020-gathering-together-event/ – – Leadership team is Cathy Hargett (Highway To Zion), Jorge Parrott (CMM Missions, Lathan Wood (The Movement), Steve Martin (Love For His People)
- Israel May 13-23, 2020
- USA May 27, 2020 Carolyn Hyde (Israel) – open meeting, LFHP hosting at Antioch
- Israel Oct. 19-29, 2020 An Ahava Adventure (5 men)
Financial Reports – Year ending 2019
Love For His People ministry P.O. Box 414 Pineville, North Carolina USA