Feb. 6, 2020
Greetings listeners of LoveMusic!
Now here is one that will take you back to the 1970s!
John Michael Talbot, having gotten saved from the secular music world, along with his brother Terry from the Talbot Brothers duo, who also became a Christian, and then John becoming a monk (how many have done that?!), came to the little town of Peru, Illinois way back in 1979.
Our church congregation at the time, Victory Church, wanted to have a Christian concert in the towns of LaSalle-Peru. And so we invited John to come and play. And he actually did, to our surprise.
Prior to that, one of the church elders, who took the lead in promoting the event, had a weekly radio program on the local station, and played several of John’s songs. The one that really struck me, and still causes my spirit to “jump” when I hear it, is “Hallelu”.
Listen. Be blessed. And bless the Living God of Israel, and it is being played.
Thanks, John! I wonder where you are at today? (See below to find out…)
Ahava and shalom,
Steve Martin, Founder Lover For His People ministry in Charlotte, North Carolina USA
JohnMichaelTalbot 18.7K subscribers
Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Hallelu · John Michael Talbot John Michael Talbot ℗ 1976 Sparrow Records
Released on: 1990-01-01 Composer: Little Portion Composer: John Michael Talbot Auto-generated by YouTube.
John Michael Talbot Brief Bio
John Michael Talbot is a multi-platinum selling, Grammy / Dove award winning Contemporary Catholic Christian Music pioneer. His music has been the soundtrack to the faith journey of millions of believers throughout the world! He is celebrating his 55th album, “The Inner Room”, on his “Lifetime of Music and Ministry” concert tour.
A Best-Selling Author, John Michael’s 32nd book, Desert Dangers and Delights was published in 2020.
In 2019, John Michael decided to take a mini-sabatical to focus on hissolitary monastic life, his community and his new “Inner Room School of Spirituality.”
John Michael lives and leads the monastic life, which overflows into his very active ministry from Little Portion Hermitage in Arkansas and St. Clare Monastery in Texas, where he is the Founder and General Minister of the Catholic based community The Brothers and Sisters of Charity.
NOMINATIONS / AWARDS
- 1981 GMA Dove Award Nomination – Praise & Worship Album: Come to the Quiet
- 1982 GMA Dove Award Nomination – Praise & Worship Album: For the Bride
- 1983 GMA Dove Award WIN – Praise & Worship Album: Light Eternal
- 1984 GMA Dove Award Nominations Male Vocalist, Artist and Recorded Music Packaging: Songs for Worship Vol. 1
- 1985 NARAS President’s Merit Award (Grammy®) for “Song of the Poor” recorded for Famine Relief in Ethiopia. (Song was written by JMT and recorded with Pat Boone, Debbie Boone, Russ Taff and others.)
- 1987 GMA Dove Award Nomination – Praise & Worship Album: Be Exalted
- 1988 Billboard Magazine – No.1 Christian Artist
- 1990 Billboard Magazine “Best Christmas Record of the Year” – “The Birth of Jesus”
- 1991 GMA Dove Award Nomination – Inspirational Album: The Birth of Jesus
- 2005 Recipient of Mercy Corps International Mother Teresa Award for Humanitarian Efforts
- 2005 Arkansas Hall of Fame “Entertainer of the Year”
John Michael Talbot’s passion to find great peace and meaning explains why his recordings and teachings are so powerful! He has the message and song to change lives!
Billy Ray Hearn, Founder of Capitol Christian Music Group
I first saw John Michael Talbot in concert 37 years ago. It was truly a life-changing experience. And I was able to see him LIVE again. I truly believe God is using JMT in new and powerful ways… RIGHT NOW. Go and see for yourself. This is a rare and unique time to see a rare and unique musical talent – and a true minister of the gospel. A Troubadour for the Lord!
Tom Booth Dove / Grammy Award Nominated Recording Artist / Oregon Catholic Press
I’ve known John Michael for more years than I’d like to remember. (I’m old). I’ve spent weeks with him on the road, and seen him deal with all kinds of high pressure situations, both onstage and off.
John’s heart has always revealed the love and compassion of Christ. His music is uniquely his own and has profoundly ministered to tens, if not hundreds of thousands over the years, maybe even millions. Barry McGuire – Pop Music ICON, “Eve of Destruction”