YOU CAN BE RESTORED
“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.” Job 14:7
GENESIS 40:1-22 (KJV)
1. And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt.
2. And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the chief of the bakers.
3. And he put them in ward in the house of the captain of the guard, into the prison, the place where Joseph was bound.
4. And the captain of the guard charged Joseph with them, and he served them; and they continued a season inward.
5. And they dreamed a dream both of them, each man his dream in one night, each man according to the interpretation of his dream, the butler and the baker of the king of Egypt, which were bound in the prison.
6. And Joseph came in unto them in the morning, and looked upon them, and, behold, they were sad.
7. And he asked Pharaoh’s officers that were with him in the ward of his lord’s house, saying, Wherefore look ye so sadly today?
8. And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.
9. And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, In my dream, behold, a vine was before me;
10. And in the vine were three branches; and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes;
11. And Pharaoh’s cup was in my hand; and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh’s cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh’s hand.
12. And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it; The three branches are three days;
13. Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place; and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh’s cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his butler.
14. But think on me when it shall be well with thee, and shew kindness, I pray thee, unto me, and make mention of me unto Pharaoh, and bring me out of this house;
15. For indeed I was stolen away out of the land of the Hebrews; and here also have I done nothing that they should put me into the dungeon.
16. When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said unto Joseph, I also was in my dream, and, behold, I had three white baskets on my head;
17. And in the uppermost basket there was of all manner of bakemeats for Pharaoh; and the birds did eat them out of the basket upon my head.
18. And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof; The three baskets are three days;
19. Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.
20. And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh’s birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants; and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
21. And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh’s hand;
22. But he hanged the chief baker; as Joseph had interpreted to them.
The story of pharaoh’s butler is a good example of what God can do to restore someone in a hopeless situation. He and Pharaoh’s baker had offended their master and were put in the royal prison. While there, they both had compelling dreams.
While the interpretation of the baker’s dream was negative, the butler’s dream had a favorable message. Three days later, the baker was executed while the butler was restored.
Not only was the butler restored, he also became the key personality whose advice and recommendation brought Joseph out of the prison yard. This shows the wisdom in the counsel that say we should always be mindful of what we do with those we meet on our way up because we may still meet them on our way down. Beloved, restoration is an easy thing for God to do.
My prayer for someone reading this is that God’s favour and mercy will locate you in that despicable situation you are in and restore you to glory this season in Jesus’ Name.
He will restore your lost opportunities in Jesus’ Name. “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. ” – 1 John 2:1-2
This passage is saying that there is hope of restoration for a back slider who genuinely repents with determination never to go down again.
Beloved, I want to encourage you to have faith in the word being sent to you today. You can truly be restored because God’s promise to you in (2 Chronicles 7:14) says: “ If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins, and will heal their land. ”
God promises to restore you if you will repent, and He is waiting to receive you with open arms today.
PRAYER POINT: Father, as I stand on Your promise today, please grant me complete restoration spiritually and physically in the Name of Jesus. AMEN.
PASTOR SUNDAY A.OYEWALE