While Islam proves to be the fastest-growing religion in the world, ACT! for America’s president and founder Brigitte Gabriel addresses radical Islamic terrorism in the face of political correctness. In 2014, during a Q&A session at a Heritage Foundation forum, Gabriel addresses a Muslim woman’s comment on how majority of Muslims are peaceful:
“Of course, not all of them are radicals,” Gabriel affirmed. “The radicals are estimated to be between 15 to 25 percent. …That leaves 75 percent of them as peaceful people, but when you look at 15 to 25 percent of the world’s Muslim population, you’re looking at a 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization. That is as big as the United States.”
In her book Rise: In Defense of Judeo-Christian Values and Freedoms (Frontline, 2018), Gabriel writes on “the irrelevance of the peaceful majority,” citing points in history when genocide was committed by a minority group; such as the Holocaust—”Most Germans were peaceful, yet the Nazis drove the agenda”—and, of course, 9/11 when it only took 19 hijackers to bring about the deaths of nearly 3,000 Americans.
“There are plenty of peaceful Muslims in the world who do not practice or endorse the type of barbarism that threatens our way of life,” Gabriel says, “but my point is that these peaceful Muslims do not magically cancel out the threats posed by violent ones.”
It’s for this reason that Gabriel exhorts fellow patriots to not fall into believing that they’re morally inferior, or ‘Islamophobic,’ when speaking out about radical Islamic terrorism. Rise includes steps on how to navigate this tension without fighting fire with fire:
“When hostile leftists resort to ad hominem attacks, labeling you bigoted, Islamophobic, racist or worse when facts you’ve outlined conflict with their feelings, stick to a fact-based response as best you can.”
Rise also provides statistics from Pew Research Data and other polls to challenge former President Barack Obama’s claim that 99.9 percent of Muslims seek order, peace and prosperity.
“99.9 percent?” Gabriel says. “Really?”
In a Charisma magazine interview, she asserts, “Two percent of the passionate will always rule the 98 percent of the indifferent.”
Gabriel speaks from her experience as a Lebanese Christian whose home was blown up by Islamic radicals in 1975. For seven years, she and her family resorted to living below ground in an eight-by-ten-foot bomb shelter. A military tank drove her to school while, on other days, Gabriel had to sprint to and from school, diving into ditches while bombshells exploded over her head.
Having experienced extremism firsthand, Gabriel hopes her daughter and her daughter’s children—and her daughter’s children’s children—will never face the same threat of terrorism in America. She urges readers to not become the irrelevant majority and to take action on behalf of their country, community and family.
“Fragmented we are fragile, but united we possess the potential to save this nation from doom and restore it to its rightful place as the greatest in the history of mankind. But we cannot accomplish this from our keyboards. We must rise and take action, matching the enthusiasm of our enemies.”
This article is based onRise: In Defense of Judeo-Christian Values and Freedoms(Frontline, 2018) by Brigitte Gabriel. Gabriel is one of the leading terrorism experts in the world, providing information and analysis on the rise of global Islamic terrorism. She lectures nationally and internationally about terrorism and current affairs. She has addressed the United Nations, members of the US Congress, the Pentagon, the Joint Forces Staff College, the US Special Operations Command, the FBI and many others. In addition, Gabriel is a regular guest analyst on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and radio stations across America. She is founder and chairman of ACT for America, the largest national security grassroots organization with almost 1 million members dedicated to keeping America and its citizens safe from foreign and domestic threats. Gabriel is the author of two New York Times best- sellers: Because They Hate and They Must Be Stopped.
Love For His People, Inc. founded in 2010 by Steve & Laurie Martin. Charlotte, NC USA
STEVE & LAURIE MARTIN - LOVE FOR HIS PEOPLE FOUNDERS
My good wife Laurie and I (45 years in October 2022!), through the ministry of Love For His People we founded in 2010, give love and support for our friends in Israel and in other nations with friendship, humanitarian aid, and social media support, along with Steve's messages, and our Ahava Adventures trips to Israel.
Steve has also authored and published 34 books.
We live in the Charlotte, NC area. We have four adult children, spouses, and eight grandkids.